At Eastern CT Savings Bank, our primary concern is the safety and well-being of our customers and employees. We understand the rapidly evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) can be unnerving. Like you, we are closely monitoring developments that are made available by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). As a result, we have taken several actions to ensure we are keeping your well-being front and center.
What we’re doing:
Effective Friday March 20:
- Our Norwichtown Branch, located at 220 West Town Street, Norwich, is closed. This branch will reopen to drive- up service only on Monday, March 23rd during regular drive-up hours.
- Our Norwich Main Office Branch located at 257 Main Street will close lobby access and remain open for banking business at our drive-up window only.
- Branch lobby hours in all other locations will be reduced during this time, with lobbies open from 9 AM until 1 PM. Drive-up windows will remain open on their regular schedule.
Effective Saturday, March 21st, all branch lobby access will be closed, with drive-ups remaining open on their regular schedules. Our Norwichtown branch will remain closed and reopen drive-up aceess only on Monday March 23rd.
Management has activated our Pandemic Plan and our Response Team meets daily to review and respond to updates.
We have enhanced our cleaning of branches and ATMs in accordance with CDC protocols.
We have asked all employees to adhere to the 6 feet social distancing guideline and to avoid physical contact (handshaking, etc).
We are requiring all employees who feel ill to stay home.
We are monitoring employee travel and postponing employee gatherings.
What you can do:
Bank from home 24/7
- Use the Eastern CT Savings Bank Online Banking system. To use or enroll in online banking visit http://bankeasternct.com
- Use or download the ECSB Mobile Banking App for your IOS or Android device.
You’ll be able to access your accounts, transfer funds and deposit checks.
- Visit one of our convenient ATMs – https://bankeasternct.com/about/hours/
- Call our Telephone Banking line (888) 226-5911
- Call our Customer Care Center at (860) 889-7381 weekdays from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm and Saturdays until noon
Be on alert for fraud
At times like these,it's important not to let your guard down. Beware of phishing emails related to the coronavirus. Scammers will often target “hot topics” to trick you into clicking on their emails or websites.
Remember: We never ask for private information such as an account number, card PIN, or Social Security or Tax ID number in email messages. If you think an email is suspicious, don't click on any links.